Saturday, September 20, 2008

When the cat's away . . .

. . . the mice will play. And play Mocha did. Background: Josh and I went on our first date together since Sophia was born. Now I know we've left her with family, but this was a true, leave-her-with-a-babysitter night! Two of my former students arrived promptly at 6:15 and after I showed them around, Sophia went to bed very quickly, and we left before 7:00! That was the idea; Sophia sleeps the whole time, and the babysitters have a real easy night. We got home just after 10:00, everything was quiet and neat. Then, they told us what Mocha did! They were in the back of the house in the sun room, when they heard noise. They were afraid someone was in the house, but they went and looked in the kitchen and Mocha had her paws up on the counter eating the pizza!!! She was SO bad!!!! I reassured the girls that Mocha had never done anything like that before, it's perfectly normal to leave food on the counter. Well, I thought the cutestest thing was they told me they kept taking Mocha outside every five minutes in case she was going to throw up (she didn't). I think they really didn't want to clean that up! (They both have dogs of their own, so they know all about that.) But seriously, Josh and I could tell at a glance that Mocha's stomach was huge, her ribcage was sticking out, and that she had absolutely pigged out.

So far, she's still been fine; a little more energetic this morning after a very nice, long P-O-O-P.

And so, despite Mocha's adventures, I'd say it was a successful evening and I'm looking forward to the next time we go out!

No comments: